Oracle APEX 21.2 has recently been released. In this article, we share our top 5 features in Oracle APEX 21.2.
We love building Mobile apps with Oracle APEX and one of the main issues with Oracle APEX mobile application was the fact that if we lost the network connection, user will no longer have access to application data which is not the case with native mobile application. Oracle APEX 21.2 comes with a beautiful progressive application feature which will:
- Cache our data: We will still have access to the application even without internet connection.
- We could download the application and install it in any platform and device.
- Send push notification
- Great Application performance
- Custom offline page
- Type of Component: Application properties
- Main Settings:Set the progressive Application
Go to your application properties and enable the Progressive Application:
- The breadcrumb editor has been improved
- We can now have multiple conditional breadcrumbs entries for a single page.
It was not possible to have more than 1 breadcrumb entry for the same Oracle APEX page. We used to create another breadcrumb and add it the page with a condition. Now we do not have to that.
This reminds me the old select2, where we need to select multiple items in a dropdown list to filter a report. Oracle Apex 21.2 now make you research easier with a powerful and fast search tools that enable:
- Autocomplete your search: Search suggestions are at the heart of Smart Filters. These suggestions are based on the filters you have defined and are displayed as you type, or as chips below the search bar.
- Process Multiple filters: you can do more than one filter
- Suggestion Chips: Filters are evaluated against your data and displayed below the search bar as chips, suggesting the top search filters most appropriate for your data set.
- Easy keyword navigation
- Type of Component: Page region
Main Settings: Based on region to filter
The Universal Theme has been upgraded we have following features:
- New page layout position: for example, the after logo position that put an component after your application logo.
There is a new template to render both page and region modal dialogs that can slide in from the sides of your screen, maximizing screen real estate and providing an entirely new user experience for auxiliary actions.
Do You know that we offer best hosting solution for Oracle Application express? Check All our cost effective plans here. https://www.maxapex.com
New page template:
- The X button on modal dialog use to do not listen any event, now we have a cancelled or closed dialog event on it.
- Date Picker now has a ‘Show On’ attribute, to control when the calendar popup display.
- New APIs for mapRegion, facetsRegion, apex.date, apex.items, apex.regions and apex.env
Click here For details about Oracle Apex 21.2 new features